Sunday, April 5, 2015

Letter 03/09/2015

I had my last exchange (trading companions with another set of missionaries) this week. Sister Hoffman came to my area and Sister Choi went with Sister Hwang to the 2nd ward's area. It was Sister Choi's birthday and I made her a cake!
 
We had zone training meeting on Thursday. Because it was my last I gave my 마지막 말씀 (majimak malsseum - her final word, or last testimony). Every time missionaries give their final testimony they always say that they never thought the day would come and they don't know what to say and I never understood what they were talking about but I felt empathy for them this week. I shared Alma 26:12 ~ 

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.". 

I talked about some of the parts of my testimony that have been strengthened and I shared some stories like our fasting miracles with meeting 지승 (Ji Seung) and 예림 (Yeo Rim - the two 15 year old girls who were baptized last summer) and 예림's mother signing her baptismal form. And then I shared Isaiah 55:8~11 ~ 

" 8 ¶For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

In missionary work we really want sunshine. We don't like rain and snow. And when God sends rain and snow it's easy to wonder why we don't receive answers to our prayers and why we don't get blessings. Sometimes God gives us sunshine and sometimes He gives us snow. But the snow helps plants to grow. It's cold and slippery and we have to wait a long time for it to melt but it gives plants the necessary water.
 
 
A brother in our ward referred his mother to us! We are so excited about all of these referrals we have been receiving lately! He decided that it's time for his mother to be baptized so we are going to start teaching her!!!!
 
I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment