Thursday, January 15, 2015

Letter 12/22/2014

We had our Christmas party on Saturday! It was really good! We did the "Dancing Queen" dance and we also sang "Silent Night" with one of our members. 

On Saturday night I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting because someone else cancelled. I was panicking because I didn't have time to prepare it! But I'm really grateful that I got to give a talk in my ward for Christmas! I used "O Holy Night," (The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger; In all our trials born to be our friend.") Because sometimes we wonder why God has forsaken us but we never need to wonder that because every person has a friend and redeemer by their side. One name given to Jesus (told to Mary by Gabriel) is Immanuel, meaning God with us. Because Jesus Christ was born, we can always have God with us. Through Jesus we can be closer to God is this life and live with God again after this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment