Sunday, September 22, 2013

Second MTC Letter 9/20/2013

Guess what? I'm going to sing in the RS broadcast! They only picked about half of the sisters who applied. And guess who's leading us? Emily Wadley! (our friend who has acted in and helps direct the Nauvoo pageant, and starred in "17 Miracles") One of the songs we'll sing was written by Sally DeFord especially for us. They wanted missionaries to sing because they made the age-change last October.

Korean is fun. My work-outs are the high-light of my day. I look forward to them so much. I go on splits with a girl in my district because we're the only two that like to exercise intensely. And I can talk to her about crazy healthy food and stuff. And I love having a work-out buddy. None of the other girls in my district like to exercise. But I'm obsessed with it. I need it. It helps me to relieve so much stress. I just take it all out on my workouts. Plus the food is gross and working out helps me to feel better on the inside. We sit ALL DAY LONG. All day long. We wake up, study in our classrooms while we sit; eat breakfast while we sit; go study in the computer labs while we sit; study in our classrooms while we sit; eat lunch while we sit; study in our classroom while we sit; write in my journal while I sit; have planning meetings, district meetings, church, choir practice, mock discussions all while we sit; eat dinner while we sit; and have personal study while we sit. I think I left some sitting time out of there. We calculated that we'll spend 550 hours in our classroom while we're here. 550 hours in the same classroom and same seat. 

I'm learning a lot about myself. And watching companionships helps me to learn a lot about myself and my relationships with other people. I've somehow become the Ann Elliot (character in "Persuasion" by Jane Austen) of my districtMy comp keeps telling me that I speak Korean with a Japanese accent. And my district sisters keep telling me I'm so Asian (even though two of the mare half Chinese and one is full Chinese - all of them grew up in America).

I saw Mana (a good friend from Japan who is working in the MTC) a couple of days ago. I still haven't seen Brian Stout (a good friend and distant relative from our time in Japan who entered the MTC the same day she did. He is going to Ukraine). I think he's on the west campus.
I've been singing in the choir for the devotionals. It's amazing how exciting it is to leave campus twice a week for devotionals and temple time.

As I've been trying to eat healthier (one grain. one protein, two vegetables), I feel so much better about life. I felt so sick and nasty the first few days. We've had a cold going around our district.
I've been studying Korean really hard. I'm trying really hard to give my all before I turn it over to God. And I'm trying to obey all rules with exactness. Elder Oaks (or someone like that) gave a blessing on the MTC a few weeks ago so that every missionary who practiced exact obedience would be blessed with the gift of tongues. I'd like to cash in on that blessing.

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Tashi, I just wanted you to SIT down for another minute to read this. jk
    I love you so much. You are doing a life changing thing, and I am excited to see you grow and develop into an even awesomer tashi. You are a really good person, and I know you will learn that language! Keep exercising, even if it isn't the cool thing to do (evidently). Love Gina

    ReplyDelete